Chaos!!! Five family members killed in Kenya overnight smoke

A middle-aged couple and their three children were found dead on Saturday morning inside their house in Githurai 45 area, Kiambu County, Central Kenya.

They were suspected to have died due to the inhalation of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Ruiru Divisional Police Commander, Phineas Ringera, said that the father earned a living by selling boiled maize in the area.

“We believe he lit the jiko (cooker) and left his maize to boil overnight exposing the family to the carbon monoxide which suffocated them.

“They all died,’’ Ringera said.

He added that the Police believed the victims, including the three children aged three months, six, and eight years respectively, inhaled the poisonous gas that killed them.

Ringera said that an autopsy is planned to identify the exact cause of death.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous post [Music] Danny S – Let Them Know
Next post COVID-19: Zimbabwe reintroduces national lockdown